Monday 30 July 2012

Monday Miles

I was hoping to run my first marathon when I found out that I was pregnant. I completely stop all my walking/running routines when I learned that I was expecting. While pregnant, Im already thinking when I can go back to running again. I thought I would be able to run again as soon as I give birth. Although, my body seems to be ready, the opportunity to run again doesnt come quickly. It never stop raining after we got home from the hospital. E have a treadmill but because i never run on a treadmill I got scared that I trip myself on it. So I had keep putting off running on my list. Besides i was busy in my mommy activity.

after 6 months of birth, we migrated to Canada. it was winter when we got here. so i have another reason not to run again. however, i feel envious whenever i see someone running outside even if the road was covered with snow. so i had to promise myself that i will really run again after winter. i even do a count down. it was like more than a 100 days before spring i think!

it was still pretty cold during spring. plus i got busy with work and moving from apartment to apartment.but when we finally settled in our apartment, i also got the chance to run again. i was extremely happy! to keep me motivated i join a challenge on instagram. first it was #40milesinjune which i wasnt able to achieve because i started around mid-june. then it became #45milesinjuly. im currently on 40 miles now and i still have until tomorrow to reach the 45 miles mark. i dont know if i would ever achieve it but it keeps me moving so ill keep on challenging myself.

"my first run after pregnancy"


No comments:

Post a Comment